[Digikam-users] Date/Time and EXIF-Data?

Anders one_way at online.de
Sun Oct 8 16:57:59 BST 2006

Hello together,

I don't quite understand the way Digikam handles the dates and times of the
pictures (as of Beta2):

There seems to be no way to change the EXIF-provided date and time. I can,
however change the date and the time with the side bar or the menu entry.
This does unfortunately not change the EXIF-values, only Digikam's database,
so bringing EXIF and DB out of sync. Is this by design? I hope not....

Moreover, can't EXIF-Tags be created for pictures for which the camera (e.g.
my mobile phone) does not create any? I'd like to have as many values as
possible stored within the picture, re-usable for other software.

Anders