[Digikam-users] Two more points - 0.9.0-beta2

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Tue Oct 3 20:20:05 BST 2006

Dear listmembers,
playing with 0.9.0-beta2 showed one (possible ...) bug for me and one more
issue for the wish-list.
My casio exilim creates a file called "DDISCVRY.DPS" in it's picture
directory. I do not know, what it is for, but it causes issues:
- when simply trying to delete the file while accessing the camera digikam
tends to crash. If I can delete successfully (happens sometimes), digikam
still tends to be unstable afterwards. I remember having a similar issue
recently with defective jpeg pictures, however maybe I am on the wrong path
and these problems are not related to each other.
May this be an issue with digikam or should I expect this to be a problem of
my computer / my kde - version? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If anyone wants such a file "DDISCVRY.DPS" for testing purposes, I can supply
easily.
- when I want to select files on the camera, I can select all or I can select
a certain (but not arbitrary ...) amount of pictures through the mouse-select
dialogue (pressing down left mouse button and select a certain amount of
pictures).
This leads me into trouble when trying to select i. e. ten lines with 4
pictures each and only three out of four of the eleventh line. Other programs
allow to press the shift key and then select file for file by left mouse
click, enlarging the number of selected files easily. This does not work with
digikam - at least not on my system.

Any comment is highly appreciated, you should always assume an user error :-),
thank you very much in advance,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)