[Digikam-users] profiles & better profiles for Canon...

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sat Nov 18 17:23:58 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm going my first steps on 0.9svn, found a lot of things I liked (and
wished), but as the human beeing I am I start with what I miss ;-)

One of the most important things (for me) are those icc profiles.

1) How does somebody find out, where to find/get those profiles? I haven't
found a hint in the documentation or on the digikam.org site (but to be
honest, I haven't searched very serious - so if it's somewhere, please tell
me)

2) Shouldn't there be a set of "standard profiles" (at least wideGamut, RGB
and SRGB plus some Camer-spezific ones) delivered together with digikam,
paced in a default directory with the install? Or are there legal issues that
prohibit this?

3) I've downloaded the profiles from bibble. But there is not one
Canon-Profile that really satisfies. Most of them produce too dark images and
all of them produce a very bad contrast compared to the results of Canon
Software. In fact I have not found a Canon-profile yet I could use for my
professional work...

Are there some other Canon Profiles around somewhere I could test (for me:
CR2 / Canon Eos 20D)?

Finally: I am not 100% sure, but it seems to me, that the previews in
the "apply profiles"-dialog do not match the result you get after saying ok.
This makes it difficult to find out what profiles should be applied...

regards

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch