[Digikam-users] "Install digiKam in your Home Directory"

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu Nov 16 07:11:41 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 18:49, Fabien wrote:
> Wow, ok, I can reproduce the bug.
> I installed libexiv2-0.10 in /usr/local/lib and digikam crashes at each
> startup.
> Renaming libexiv2-0.10.so file is enough to solve the problem.
> It's really weird, LD_LIBRARY is properly defined everywhere and ldd
> results always point to the right library. Why the old one is still loaded
> ?

I don't know why exactly. Marcel, are you an explaination for that ?

Normally, digiKam is linked with the first exiv2 version found in the system.
Perhaps because the header file are at the same place (mixed in fact and the
linker mix both library to solve depencies)

Andreas, are you an explaination about why both Exiv2 library release
installed in the system is not cleanly resolved by linker ? Perhaps we need a
lib version tag in shared libexiv2.so file (Not checked the current
implementation of makefile. fix me if it's already done).

Gilles