[Digikam-users] Experiences with Nikon RAW and dcraw?

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Wed Nov 15 21:39:13 GMT 2006

Hello,

does anybody here have experiences with dcraw for Nikon RAW images?

During the last weekend, I compared dcraw with the proprietary Nikon
View.  The results are a lot better using Nikon View, compared to
dcraw.

But what surprised me most is, that the images are a lot sharper and
have more details.  Does anybody have faced similar?

I requested, I can upload a sample and post a link.

Best regards,

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373