[Digikam-users] Edit metadata and geotagging plugins

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Nov 1 15:34:10 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Caulier Gilles wrote:

> Le Mercredi 01 Novembre 2006 02:13 PM, Arnd Baecker a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Trebol-a wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I am testing the last version of the news kipi-plugins "Geotagging" and
> > > "Edit Metadata" and  I have somes questions:
> > >
> > > - "Geotagging" plugin work fine. Perhaps I think will be a good idea add
> > > an menu like "Favorite sites" or "Place of startup" or a "remember last
> > > position" ¿somebody live in Latitude:0 and Longitude:0 ? :DD
> >
> > Indeed, that raises an interesting point:
> >
> > Gilles, would it be possible to extent the usual tags by
> > and additional (but optional) latitude/longitude information?
> > Then the usual tagging could provide the geographical information
> > as well (Of course this makes only sense for
> > for pictures taken at the same place, e.g. at home etc.).
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Arnd
>
> Please look if a whish is not present in kipi-plugins B.K.O, under GPSSync
> component. If no, please create a new one.

[hmm - no way to connect to http://bugs.kde.org/ presently ...]

Though this is related to GPS, I am
not sure, whether this should go into GPSSync
or just be an add-on to the normal tags.
I.e.: After right-Click on a tag to edit the tag properties
one should have additional fields for longitude/latitude/height
information. On the other hand, at this place this could be connnected
with GPSSync (in additional to a manual edit).

Anyway, once BKO is up again, I will add this...

Arnd