[Digikam-users] Edit metadata and geotagging plugins

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Nov 1 13:13:13 GMT 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Trebol-a wrote:

> Hi,
> I am testing the last version of the news kipi-plugins "Geotagging" and "Edit
> Metadata" and  I have somes questions:
>
> - "Geotagging" plugin work fine. Perhaps I think will be a good idea add an
> menu like "Favorite sites" or "Place of startup" or a "remember last
> position" ¿somebody live in Latitude:0 and Longitude:0 ? :DD

Indeed, that raises an interesting point:

Gilles, would it be possible to extent the usual tags by
and additional (but optional) latitude/longitude information?
Then the usual tagging could provide the geographical information
as well (Of course this makes only sense for
for pictures taken at the same place, e.g. at home etc.).

Best,

Arnd