[Digikam-users] Kodak CX7530 Unable to pull photos off in Digikam

Duncan Hill digikam at nacnud.force9.co.uk
Tue May 30 07:16:49 BST 2006

mowestusa wrote:
> I'm getting a little frustrated. I have the above
> camera which is supported, which I have had working
> under an older version (don't know which one, about 6
> months ago), on a different computer.
>
> I have the latest digikam installed under Kanotix
> (Debian Unstable) and I can not get the photos down
> loaded off of the camera.

digiKam relies on the gPhoto2 library to list and retrieve files from
devices.  This means digiKam is at the mercy of any bugs in that library.

You might want to check the gPhoto2 bug tracker and lists to see if
anyone is having the same problem - I know it's cropped up here before
than an upgraded library has broken things for people.