[Digikam-users] Kodak CX7530 Unable to pull photos off in Digikam

mowestusa mowestusa at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 05:17:31 BST 2006

I'm getting a little frustrated. I have the above
camera which is supported, which I have had working
under an older version (don't know which one, about 6
months ago), on a different computer.

I have the latest digikam installed under Kanotix
(Debian Unstable) and I can not get the photos down
loaded off of the camera.

Digikam opens a window (without image previews), but
has all of the files listed in the folder on the SD
card when the camera is connected to the computer.
However, when I go to down load the files or preview
them then I get errors that the files can not be
opened. I have tried under root and user with the same
results. Any ideas at all?

Please help, it seems as if f-spot is having the same
difficulty because it won't open the camera, but gives
an unexplained error. I like digikam better, but I
thought I would install f-spot to see if it was just
one program, but it happens in both.

Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

mowestusa