[Digikam-users] problems with ICC profiles

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri May 19 17:32:04 BST 2006

Am Freitag, 19. Mai 2006 16:48 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> On Friday 19 May 2006 03:08 pm, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> > Can you tell me what settings you entered in digikam (in raw image
> > decoding options and ICC settings), please?
>
> Screenshots sent in private, images (c) from Daniel (:=)))...
>
> Gilles

As already said in PM: thank you very much, Gilles!

I achieved the same result in 0.9.0 svn. It is not bad, but it is not perfect
yet ;-)  but at least a great step ahead :-)

I have put samples of this pictures here:

1) photo as the canon-program on Win98 made it without any corrections (then
saved as 16bit-TIFF and resized and saved as jpg with photoshop 5.0):
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/6057_09_canon.jpg

2) same picture in 0.9.0 svn with setting as shown by you (resized and saved
as jpg within digikam 0.9.0):
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/6057_009_editor.jpg

3) same, then with "automatic color correction" by digikam:
http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/6057_009_automatic.jpg

I think, the "canon" ist the most "vivid" one. What do you think?

Daniel

b.t.w.: I'll take those samples off the server again next week...
special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com