[Digikam-users] first impressions 0.9 svn

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu May 18 10:35:09 BST 2006

On Thursday 18 May 2006 10:05 am, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> Hello :-)
>
> Last night I've downloaded the latest svn and had a look at it. The first
> impression: great! Tanks again to the developpers for theire super work.
>
> Gilles: you asked me about the b/w-converter: it's super. I like the curves
> widget and the always actualized previews for the tone and filter effects.
> Also the preview mode with switching from original to target with "mouse
> over" ist great!
>
> Also the previews in "autocorrection" module are very helpful (although I
> rarely use it, but now one can see all the effects at first glance without
> the nedd to trying out one setting after the other.
>
> I also had a look at the "insert text" module and found that now the text
> remembers it position as I wished t once, and that will save a lot of mouse
> moves fro me! Thanks to Marcel Wiesweg (I guess...).
>
> Now I also have some suggestions, wishes, small bugs (?). Shall I post one
> long list in one mail to the mailing list here, or one mail for each topic
> or a PM to Gilles, or...?

You have 3 solutions :

1 - prefered : using bugs.kde.org (B.K.O). Look into this room if your wish
are not already posted in :

http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?product=digikam&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

message are very difficult to found in case of delay. I recommend you to use
B.K.O instead for wish and bugs report. This mailing list is dedicaced to
talk between team actors and advanced users (like you). Also, some important
new features/changes are posted in this room. I'm trying to following all
messages posted in this room, but sometimes i'm failed (time missing).

3 - depreceated : private mail to me because i'm not alone to work into
digiKam. Use this way only in specific case (:=)))...

> Also, to avoid doubles, I'd like to check first if those things I found are
> not already on a todo-list . But I couldn't find this list, can you tell me
> where it is?

B.K.O...

> thanks for the great job you do!

thanks again to support digiKam Daniel...

Gilles