[Digikam-users] Reading IPTC data in 0.8

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon May 8 20:28:27 BST 2006

I'm trying to import photos from a Windows program, BrilliantPhoto,
into DigiKam. BrilliantPhoto stord all the tags as IPTC data. How can
I make these tags visible in DigiKam? I'm on Kubuntu 5.10 and DigiKam
0.8.1.

If DigiKam cannot do this natively, I can read the IPTC data and
output a text file with the data, be it an XML file or SQL that can be
inserted into a database. What format can DigiKam import? A simple
example file with a few photos should get me started.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen.