[Digikam-users] digikam and JPEG thumbs rendering : need JPEG files vertically oriented...

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Mar 29 15:09:06 BST 2006

> If I can attach a small wish to the "insert text" tool: would it be
> possible to remember the position of the last insert? (It already remembers
> text, size, color etc., which is just great, but as I have to insert my
> copyright marks in most of the pictures at the same position, it would be
> nice, if it would already be where I placed it in the last picture...).
> Nothing important, this, just if you feel bored one day and have nothing
> else to do :-))

That is easy if both images have the same size. What if not?
Say we store the position as relative values, but font size is stored as is in
point size. Then, depending on the size of the next image, theh text will be
relatively larger or smaller (it will cover the same number of pixels), or
might partially be off the edge.
What do you do if an image is smaller, do you reduce font size (same relative
area), or does your copyright notice always cover the same absolute area?

(Btw, usually, feel free to add wishes at bugs.kde.org)

Marcel