[Digikam-users] digikam and JPEG thumbs rendering : need JPEG files vertically oriented...

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Mar 28 19:55:59 BST 2006

Am Dienstag, 28. März 2006 07:35 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Note your camera rotate automaticly the picture and the embeded Exif
> thumbs. The  Exif orientation tags is always set to TOP/LEFT. In others
> word, your camera have already done auto-rotation properlly... I can't use
> it for my tests (:=)))...
>
> Gilles

Hi Gilles

Here are two other pictures:

 http://www.daniel-bauer.com/gilles/PICT0001.JPG and
 http://www.daniel-bauer.com/gilles/PICT0002.JPG

taken by my niece with a Konica/Minolta dimage x1 pocket camera, one taken
turned to the left, the other to the right. Hope you can use them :-)

If you can use it, I can send two more photos tomorrow taken with an "old"
Nikon Coolpix of a friend of mine.
---
b.t.w.: Hey, yesterday I used the digikam "free rotation", "cut to aspect
ratio" and "insert text" for the first time: what great tools, again!
Earlier, in photoshop, I had to open the image (you know in windows:
click-cklick, click-click... never ending...), add a "help line", measure its
angle, choose "rotate image", enter angle, click-cklick, click-click..., then
enter the aspect ratio for the select tool in two different fields, draw the
selection, cut, save, click-cklick, click-click... etc.

Now I am about ten times faster. Especially the automatic cutting of rotated
pictures saves so much work, it's just great. Not to talk about the
cutting-tool with the mask - a visible help I very much missed before.

If I can attach a small wish to the "insert text" tool: would it be possible
to remember the position of the last insert? (It already remembers text,
size, color etc., which is just great, but as I have to insert my copyright
marks in most of the pictures at the same position, it would be nice, if it
would already be where I placed it in the last picture...). Nothing
important, this, just if you feel bored one day and have nothing else to
do :-))

regards

Daniel
special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com