[Digikam-users] Workflow with raw+jpeg

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Mar 7 20:18:21 GMT 2006

Le Mardi 7 Mars 2006 17:38, Markus Spring a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> the new svn version is *really* good! Now that I've mastered compilation
> hurdles I can concentrate again on taking pictures.
>
> Using a Minolta 7D, I have most of my pictures in raw AND jpg, which allows
> fast review of the images and having the digital negative for shots that
> are worth fiddling.
>
> What I now start missing in digikam is something like a file format filter
> which would allow me to view *only* my jpegs when stepping through my shots
> in the Image Editor. It is nice to be able to view the raw files, too, but
> the Image Editor takes its time to render them and they are not rotated, so
> I would prefer to be able to hide them as a whole.

I use too Minolta camera Dynax 5D. I recommend you to recompile dcraw (the
last version) himself using the max optimization. There are any web site
about this subject. Take a look in google.

In my host computer (PIV 3.6Ghz), decoding 1 MRW file take 10s only after to
have recompiled dcraw (18s before).

> This complex leads to another issue: Having raw files and derived work, it
> would be nice to have the possibility to cluster those. Are there already
> any thoughts on this issue?

Sorry for my poor English. I don't understand what you mean exactly by
"cluster" ?

Gilles