[Digikam-users] Workflow with raw+jpeg

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Mar 7 16:56:42 GMT 2006

Am Dienstag, 7. März 2006 17:38 schrieb Markus Spring:
> What I now start missing in digikam is something like a file format filter
> which would allow me to view *only* my jpegs when stepping through my shots
> in the Image Editor. It is nice to be able to view the raw files, too, but
> the Image Editor takes its time to render them and they are not rotated, so
> I would prefer to be able to hide them as a whole.
>
> This complex leads to another issue: Having raw files and derived work, it
> would be nice to have the possibility to cluster those. Are there already
> any thoughts on this issue?
>
> Cheers
>
> Markus

I use different folders (albums) for different file-types and also for
untouched pictures and such that I already have  worked over.

Another idea is, if you temporarily move all jpg's to one folder in the
digikam-tree, all raw files to another (with Konqueror or so). Then open
digiKam, select all files in the jpg-folder and mark them with a tag like
"jpg", select all files in the raw-folder and add tag "raw", finally move all
contents of one folder back to the other again. Now you can use digiKam's
tags to select the group you want to see, but still have all your photos in
the same album...

regards

Daniel
special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com