[Digikam-users] Automatic zoom above 100% (Was: Re: Automatic zoom)

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Sat Jun 24 14:37:14 BST 2006

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 08:20:57AM +0000, Marcus Popp wrote:

> first: sorry for not replying to the thread, I've deletet the mail by
> mistake.

Thanks for your reply, Marcus!

> > DigiKam's "automatic zoom" function don't work on some of my jpeg's.
> > Often this happens when I edit the foto with gimp.  Any ideas what
> > I'm doing wrong here?
> Maybe you change the size of the image (or crop) and gimp doesn't adept
> the new image size within the exif information.

That might be an explanation, because actually, I did cropping with gimp.
But I still don't get it.  For example, one picture was a

  1260x1740 BMP, 6.3 MB size, autozooms correctly.

After cropping, it was a

  713x517 jpeg, 314 KB size, don't autozoom (but see below)

Both files have _no_ exif information at all.

> And digikam relies on this information to choose zoom level?

But wait, I just noticed that when I make the window smaller, autozoom
actually works for the cropped picture, too!  But it stops at 100% factor.
The given picture needs about 180% to fill the screen.

So the real question is: how to get autozoom work above 100%?