[Digikam-users] Getting digikam to autoopen when the camera is connected

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Sat Jun 17 21:12:59 BST 2006

Le Samedi 17 Juin 2006 21:59, reuben firmin a écrit :
> When I connect the camera in KDE, a box pops up asking me if I wish to open
> in a new window, or do nothing. There is a configure button, and it appears
> that I could add an "Open In Digikam" option for the camera; however, the
> interface is either confusing or broken. Has anybody succesfully managed to
> configure this so that it behaves as I describe? If so can you give a brief
> step by step?

I suspect that you use digiKam 0.8.x under KDE 3.5.x. Right ?

If yes, you have right. the interface is unfinalized into 0.8.x
implementation, but have been recenlty finalized by Marcel into svn trunk
(next 0.9.0 release).

The code need to be tested indeep... In my computer all work fine, but of
course we need more feedback about this feature.

Regards