[Digikam-users] Using digikam on two computers?

Duncan Hill digikam at nacnud.force9.co.uk
Thu Jun 15 06:40:57 BST 2006

Turgut Durduran wrote:

> Ideally, I want to be able to open an album, tag my
> photos, play with them on my laptop and somehow sync
> with those on desktop. Ofcourse, I am talking about
> digikam purposes, I know how to sync the files. This
> is probably not so straightforward.  So I am thinking,
> I should be able to "merge" two databases of tags
> somehow. Is it possible?

At the moment, no.  It has been discussed several times on the list in
the past few months - if you can find the archives, you should be able
to get a feel for what ideas have been kicked around.

Personally, I use the GPL version of the NoMachine X server on my file
server, and just remote-client in to it from my laptop.  Full KDE
session in Windows :)  Works fine over a 256kbit ADSL link too.

> Also, I tried converting a .nef file to BW and it
> played (and pretty much destroyed) the preview file
> and did not ask me for a "save as" option. Is that
> normal behavior?

Not that I'm aware of - whenever I manipulate my MRW files, Save As is
always a menu option.  Maybe I'll find a sacrificial mrw file and see
what happens when I click save instead.