[Digikam-users] Fontsize for Tooltip?

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun Jun 4 22:47:34 BST 2006

> Daniel, I have theses zero in my all MRW file comments after an import.
> It's not a Canon problem.
>
> I suspect a problem about comments encryption detection into DMetadata
> class. Marcel, it's your code (:=)))... Any suggestions ?

According to the debug output by exiv2, its actually the exif user comment
field here that is the problem (file MINOLTA-DYNAX5D-02.MRW from the
repository). It is 64 bytes, only zeros (binary zeroes, 0x00).
Somehow in libexiv2, this gets translated to "0 0 0 ...".

Attached is a patch that takes several parts of the ExifDatum and checks the
size. IMO the correct size for the first and second may be 0 or 64, for the
third and fourth 0, for the fifth 0 or 64, don't know. Output is

getImageComment ExifDatum size 64, Value size 64, CommentValue size 64,
ExifDatum string size 128, Value string size 128, CommentValue string size 0

Marcel