[Digikam-users] kubuntu dapper 6.06 DVD iso url to download ?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Jun 2 15:02:41 BST 2006

On Friday 02 June 2006 03:52 pm, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Kubuntu dapper is ready to downoad from the web, but all servers are
> > overloaded actually...
> >
> > Someone has already downloaded this iso somewhere ?
>
> Does this mean you no longer use Mandriva/drake as in your "recent"
> interview ;)
>
> I ask because I do use Mandriva but have head lots of people talking
> about [k]ubuntu etc. and other distros and wonder if I'm just being
> blinkered about my distro. That said I do like Mandriva, cooker and the
> community there. :)
>
> Col.

Well i would toogle my laptop to Kunbuntu, especially to have a computer using
Debian and to have a dist based on fresh packages :

- KDE 3.5.x. with media protocol to improve cameragui.
- libtiff 3.8.2 (mandatory to add DNG support in digiKam)

Since Mandriva have changed dist update policy release (6 mouths to 1 year), i
need an updated computers to develop

Of course, i have a lot of computers in production (in my office) using
Mandriva that i use to comile digiKam & co.

Regards
Gilles