[Digikam-users] commandline-options

Duncan Hill digikam at nacnud.force9.co.uk
Mon Jul 31 08:35:26 BST 2006

On Monday 31 July 2006 08:13, Christoph Knauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to start digikam by command-line with an option to use a
> special database? I plan to work with two different databases, one for
> developing the picture from the cam, and one as the final base with all

I don't think so.  However, if you were to copy ~/.kde/share/config/digikamrc
to ~/.kde/share/config/digikamrc-download and -usb, you could edit the -usb
version to change the database area to point to the images directory on the
USB stick.

With that done, a quick shell script, something like:

#!/bin/bash

DOWNLOAD="~/.kde/share/config/digikamrc-download"
USB="~/.kde/share/config/digikamrc-usb"
MASTER="~/.kde/share/config/digikamrc"

if [ $1 eq "camera" ]; then
	cp -f $DOWNLOAD $MASTER
	digikam
elsif [ $1 eq "usb" ]; then
	cp -f $USB $MASTER
	digikam
else
	echo "Please choose   $0 camera  or  $0 usb "
fi

(Warning, untested, may eat your firstborn and cause a solar eclipse.)