[Digikam-users] Sony DSC-S40 Cyber-shot

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Sun Jul 16 18:29:15 BST 2006

Am Sonntag, 16. Juli 2006 11:31 schrieb David Matthews:
> > Well I don't know slackware. But look what /etc/hotplug/usb/libgphoto2
> > does. If it calls out for a group=camera you should add this id to the
> > groups and add your id to camera.
>
> I no longer know anything but Slackware and there is no
> /etc/hotplug/usb/libgphoto2!
>
> > The device can be known from lsusb.
>
> which says:-
> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

I suppose your camera was attached and switched on when you did this lsusb
(otherwise you wouldn't see anything of the camera).
 At my place it looks like this: $ lsusb
Bus 003 Device 012: ID 04a9:30ee Canon, Inc. EOS 350D
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 04b8:0122 Seiko Epson Corp.
This means the device can be found there:
$ ls -la /dev/bus/usb/003/012
crw-rw---- 1 root camera 189, 267 2006-07-16 19:25 /dev/bus/usb/003/012

You are not seeing this, meaning that your camera has not been recognized be
the system at all. You can check with $ dmesg right after connection the
camera to see if and what (udev/hotplug) acts on the new device.

Gerhard

P.S. By the way, do you run udevd?

--
http://www.gerhard.fr