[Digikam-users] Sony DSC-S40 Cyber-shot

David Matthews dmatthews at mailc.net
Sun Jul 16 10:31:16 BST 2006

> Well I don't know slackware. But look what /etc/hotplug/usb/libgphoto2 does.
> If it calls out for a group=camera you should add this id to the groups and
> add your id to camera.

I no longer know anything but Slackware and there is no /etc/hotplug/usb/libgphoto2!

> The device can be known from lsusb.

which says:-
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

So I don't know which device file permissions I could alter

> Gerhard
> --
> http://www.gerhard.fr

>interesting that my problem stems from these packages as well
>--
>Cheers
>Res

Well, looks like we'll have to use sudo and actually Digikam is worth this annoyance!
--
David

dmatthews at mailc.net
Public key at hkp://www.keys.eu.pgp.net
and http://pooter.sourceforge.net/dmatthews.asc

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill. The
element that makes the bond good makes the bill good ?
It is absurd to say that our country can issue $30,000,000 in bonds and
not $30,000,000 in currency." [Thomas Edison, Quoted in The New York Times, 6 December 1921]
http://www.prosperityuk.com/prosperity/prosperity.html