[Digikam-users] Crash in directory browsing (0.9 svn)

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Thu Jul 6 20:06:25 BST 2006

Le Mercredi 05 Juillet 2006 01:51 PM, Duncan Hill a écrit :
> On Wednesday 05 July 2006 11:44, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > No this is not the patch.
> >
> > This crash appear during downloading with exif autorotate using Exiv2.
> > Are you sure to have only one Exiv2 version installed on your computer ?
> > Do not mix old and new released (including current svn).
>
> Exiv2 comes from SVN, and my build scripts are configured to set up the
> /opt location as the Exiv2 library area - it's worked for several months.
>
> I can't test the patch at this point, as digiKam goes splat before it
> finishes copying the data from the CF card.
>
> ldd /usr/bin/digikam | grep -i exi
>         libexiv2-0.9.1.so => /opt/exiv2/lib/libexiv2-0.9.1.so (0xb78ed000)

If you use Exiv2 from svn, why digiKam is liked with Exiv2 0.9.1 !!!

I suspect both Exiv2 version on your computer. what's "locate libexiv2" give
on your computer ?

>         libexif.so.12 => /usr/lib/libexif.so.12 (0xb6320000)

Incredible. why digiKam is linked with libexif. Exiv2 do not use libexif, and
i have removed libkexif depency (witch use libexif) since digiKam use Exiv2.

Can you rebuild all digiKam using a fresh svn checkout, and try again with
ldd ?

Gilles