[Digikam-users] Digikam: to archive sorted by date

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sun Jan 15 21:07:53 GMT 2006

asmb at ginko.de wrote:
> Hello jdd,
>
> I'm sorry, but unfortunately I do not speak french, so I could not understand
> Your linkend homepage http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/CEDA.

shame :-)

> I do not understand Your clue with jhead too, because I do not want to change
> my photos or information which are included in them, just burn the photos on
> cd. Do you know another solution for my problem. Have you not the same
> difficulty with the order by date like I have, if You want to backup your
> photos?

I always backup first my photos in raw manner, right
downloaded from the camera.

then I do a copy and edit them with digikam

here I sort them by date (albums) and index them (labels) -
these files I can act on the date if necessary. and it is
necessary because I add some "panels" (backpaper with text)
as a legend for galleries and theses files are not dated
like the photos - same problem with scanned argentic ones.

I have only yet a problem with the html plugin, wich do use
the raw writing order of the files in they folder to sort!
last written last indexed in the html index page :-(

I have a solution, but quite unpleasant: with konqueror cut
the albums/folder to an other folder (~/tmp ?) and back on
the digikam tree. like this all the files are written
(hopefully!) in the right order - you lose the album
preview, but it's quite easy to set

jdd

--
Bonne année à tous :-)