[Digikam-users] Canon Rebel xt 350D

John Manfredi jd333326 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 15:10:57 GMT 2006

I did not realize how quickly I would get a response.
    My camera list includes
            "Canon Digital Rebel (Normal mode)" and
            "Canon Digital Rebel (PTP Mode) ".

    It does not include  "Canon EOS 350D". I thought
that
 "Canon Digital Rebel" = "Canon 350 D", since the
later is not included in my camera list.
      I have tried  both "normal" and "PTP" mode's
with my Canon 350D with the camera's communications
set to "PC connection" and "Print/ PTP" respectively.
In both cases I receive the message " Failed to
connect to the camera. Please make sure its connected
properly and turned on. Would you like to try again?"
       I have my camera mode dial set to the manual
setting(the green box).
When my camera is set to PTP the LCD panel reads Busy,
however when I'm set to PC connection the camera
behaves as if it is not connected at all and I am able
to sift through my images on the LCD display as
normal.