[Digikam-users] failed to update database to new version error

jumpingclear at yahoo.co.uk jumpingclear at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 18:39:48 GMT 2006

Sorry for not replying sooner but I just noticed your message.

I am running kubuntu which uses debian apt-get package management rather
than mandriva's rpm. I uninstalled digikam through apt and then ran
"locate digikam". I delted  any serious files left ie files ending in .db
or similar - there may be icons etc that don't matter. I then just
reinstalled 0.8.1 and it worked.

Sorry if this is a bit unspecific, I didn't note the exact files I deleted.

Hope this helps