[Digikam-users] failed to update database to new version error

wayne iw at ukulele.com
Mon Feb 20 18:49:09 GMT 2006

On Saturday 18 February 2006 03:08 pm, jumpingclear at yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> Problem solved. I uninstalled it and then searched for any left over
> files   and reinstalled and it now works.

Could you elaborate on this? I have the same problem (Mandriva 2006,
digikam 0.8) and can't get back into digikam anymore. I uninstalled, then
re-installed, but still can't open digikam. I even tried an older version
of digikam without success. The last thing I remember doing was renaming
or adding some Albums within digikam. Once I got out, I could no longer go
back in with the "failed to update database.." error  appearing on the
screen. I'm able to open showphoto though.

Thanks,
Wayne