[Digikam-users] Photographs with metadata...

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Thu Feb 23 12:50:15 GMT 2006

Am Donnerstag 23 Februar 2006 13:24 schrieb Markus Spring:

> So for some of my examinations I will stick with
> Image::Exiftools and even try to write an extension for this.
>
> Markus

You can use rawimage
(http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=30971) to show
mrw metatags as tooltip in digiKams album view and to integrate
(some) IPTC data.

As an unofficial side note. I talked the with Phil the creator of
ExifTool about porting the Perl lib to C++.
Phil will first complete missing writing support for all supported
filetypes but PDF. One missing writing feature are e.g. embedded
ICC profiles. When this is finished Phil said that it might be
the right time to port ExifTool to C++. But this should be done
as a comunity project and not as one-man-show as this is nearly a
rewrite.

So if you have interests in helping then we a two persons now :-)

Bye

  Thorsten