[Digikam-users] download raw pictures

Per Aalrust peraalrust at t-online.de
Wed Feb 8 18:50:02 GMT 2006

Hi Gilles,

> Here we are a screenshot about digiKam 0.8.2-svn camera gui using a local
> directory to simulate a mounted camera on my computer with your MRW
> files...

	I use digikam 0.8.1.

> I suspect a right acces problem in your fstab or something like that about
> your mounted directory corresponding of your Dynax 7D camera...

	It was no rights problem! I use the auto-detect function in the digikam
camera setup menu. It finds a "Mass Storage Camera", no matter whether
I connect my Dynax 7D or my card reader to the usb port. If i then open the
camera download viewer, only *.jpg files are listed with thumbnails.

When i had a look on your screenshot, i saw that you used "Mounted Camera".
So i manually selected "Mounted Camera" from the list and set the directory to
"/media/", because SuSE 10 mounts all devices to "/media/...".

Now it works fine and there are thumbnails for *.mrw files and i can download
them. Even if i use the camera in "Raw+" mode (creating *.jpg and *.raw) the
camera download viewer shows both types and downloads them.

Perhaps there is a bug in the "Mass Storage Camera" driver?

Thanks very much for your help!

Best regards
Per