[Digikam-users] negative keyword filtering possible?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Feb 3 14:37:14 GMT 2006

Le Vendredi 3 Février 2006 15:18, Daniel Bauer a écrit :
> Hello everybody
>
> Using keyword in digikam helps me a lot in organizing my tons of pictures.
> I just haven't found out about some things:
>
> - is it possible to make a "negative" filtering somehow?
> (e.g. show all "private" but NOT "ex-wife")
>
> - is it possible to make a filtering of sub-keywords?
> (e.g. show only "summer" of "holiday" - where summer is a sub-keyword of
> holyday. When I click such a sub-keyword, it shows me all pictures of the
> "head-keyword" instead of only the sub... ones.)

I think that there no problem to do it, but this is not my part in digiKam.
Have you seen the handbook :

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/using-kapp.html#using-kapp-mysearchesview

Tom, Joern, can give any details about this problem if necessary...

In all case, any examples must be add to digikam handbook for 0.9.0 release. I
adding this subject to my TODO list.

> Maybe I'm just too stupid to find out, how to do it - so any help is highly
> appreciated...
>
> thanks a lot.
>
> Daniel
>--
>Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Switzerland
>professional photography: http://www.daniel-bauer.com
>special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com

Very nice photo. I love B&W pictures. Great job.

Joern, perhaps it's a cool idea to add a "Guestbook" page in digikam web site
for digikam users. They can post any comments/descriptions about digiKam
using (for example Daniel is a pro-photographer...)

Gilles