[Digikam-users] Compiling digikam 0.8 for Mandriva - please help!

linux newbie firsttimelinux at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 23:15:22 GMT 2006

Thanks for your replies!
I had checked on pbone for Mandriva rpms, but all the
0.8 rpms are for Mandriva 2006, which I thought
wouldn't work because they'd be based on a later KDE
(I've still got KDE 3.3 with Mandriva 2005).  In the
absence of any 2005 rpms for digikam 0.8, I tried the
compile route instead - and seem to have got a good
way towards success - the compile worked at least and
it converted the pic database.  As an aside the error
written to the console is "QPainter::begin: Cannot
paint null pixmap" before "KCrash: Application
'lt-digikam' crashing..." - but that could be because
I didn't do a make install as you said.

So I've now got two avenues of attack, the rpms and
the make install, thanks for your help!!

> Joern Ahrens joern.ahrens at kdemail.net
> Thu Feb 2 21:39:56 CET 2006

> ...but you should delete your old rpms and run make
install, there is a bit
> more that needs to be available than just that
digikam file.

> But since there are already rpms available for
Mandriva, you might better