[Digikam-users] Import fails to convert IPTC keywords to tags

caseyfmail-linux at yahoo.ca caseyfmail-linux at yahoo.ca
Tue Dec 26 22:43:27 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I recently installed digikam and digikamimageplugins 0.9.0, exiv2 and libexiv2-0.12 from Achim's repositories onto my Kubuntu Edgy system. Unfortunately, digikam does not seem to convert my photos' IPTC keywords into tags. My understanding is that this is a new feature in the latest release. Nor does an advanced search in digikam for IPTC keywords seem to work. The metadata/IPTC tab does show the existing IPTC keywords (good!), but I cannot edit any information in this field (isn't that a new feature?). I tried re-importing my photo directories into digikam, but to no avail. The only tags the programs recognizes for searches and filters are a few I created in a previous version of digikam.

One idea I had to address this situation was to uninstall (purge) this latest version of digikam in order to (hopefully) remove any existing digikam preference files, and then re-install, but I thought I'd run my problem by this list first. Also, I did not find any bug reports for this issue.

Any help sincerely appreciated. I am very happy to see limited but crucial IPTC support implemented in digikam, and I am eager to migrate over to using this program for photo management.

Casey Finnerty