[Digikam-users] digikam 0.9 @ heise.de

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sat Dec 23 10:38:21 GMT 2006

On Friday 22 December 2006 22:58, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> > On Friday 22 December 2006 18:45, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > also heise-online heard about the recent release of digikam,
> > > http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/82934
> > > """Linux-Bildverwaltung digiKam auf Profikurs"""
> >
> > Obviously heise.de is read by many and from this point for sure it's nice
> > to have a review there.
>
> Yes, heise by itself has a really good reputation.
>
> > But the comments are so incredibly stupid [...]
>
> You did not follow my advice to not read the forum ;-)

You are right :-)
I stopped reading your post where the balefish translation began...
> [...]
>
> The forum is known to be just crap (at least most
> of the time ;-),  I don't read it).

I didn't know - I was just astonished by the pure amount of foolish comments
from people who for sure never gave digiKam two seconds to look at.

> This is in *strong* contrast to the quality of the journals
> published by heise (e.g. c't or iX), which I personally consider
> to be really good (IMO they are the best in the German
> speaking market).

I wasn't aware of this contrast. Reading the maybe first 30 comments was
enough for me... I felt like getting clobbered over the head with that.

> Anyway, the number of users of digikam will surely enlarge by this
> (I just convinced two more these days ;-),
> and 0.9 is a really *big* milestone!

I fully agree!
And in future I'll read your complete postings, before starting to jangle :-)

> Best, Arnd

regards

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch