[Digikam-users] digikam 0.9 @ heise.de

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Dec 22 21:58:54 GMT 2006

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Daniel Bauer wrote:

> On Friday 22 December 2006 18:45, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > also heise-online heard about the recent release of digikam,
> > http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/82934
> > """Linux-Bildverwaltung digiKam auf Profikurs"""
>
> Obviously heise.de is read by many and from this point for sure it's nice to
> have a review there.

Yes, heise by itself has a really good reputation.

> But the comments are so incredibly stupid and primitive that I didn't even
> think about to counter that crap: "As long as there are no color profiles,
> the app is worth nothing", or "What are IPTC worth if you can enter only 2
> fields" etc...

You did not follow my advice to not read the forum ;-)

> Is heise.de the playgarden of a psychiatric clinic or the "COMPWU"
> (cooperation of most primitive windows users)? The people writing comments
> there really have no clue about nothing. I wonder that they can type. Well,
> maybe Mammy bought them a M$-app for $99.99 for Xmas, where they can blabla
> into a microphone and it gets sent to heise.de? That forum looks more like a
> flame-war-enhancer than like an information source.
>
> Jesus, I didn't know, such things exist. At least its proven that its possible
> to exist without a brain. Glad, Gilles is on holidays and doesn't read german
> texts :-)

The forum is known to be just crap (at least most
of the time ;-),  I don't read it).
This is in *strong* contrast to the quality of the journals
published by heise (e.g. c't or iX), which I personally consider
to be really good (IMO they are the best in the German
speaking market).

Anyway, the number of users of digikam will surely enlarge by this
(I just convinced two more these days ;-),
and 0.9 is a really *big* milestone!

Best, Arnd