[Digikam-users] weird save problem

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri Dec 15 16:01:24 GMT 2006

Hi,

Don't know if this is already known: there's a weird save problem that I can
reproduce: sometimes a changed image cannot be saved (no overwrite of
previous version).

To reproduce, here's what I did:

1) open a CR2 file in editor by clicking on thumbnail in album
2) click filters--> black and white, do something (like "neutral"), click ok
3) close editor window, choose filter "JPEG Image", save

4) open the new jpg file from step 3 again by clicking on thumbnail in album
5) do something do change the picture (like Fix->Colors-Brigntness..., change
the brigness, click ok)
6) close editor window, say "save" to the modified warning

now usually the file will be saved without further dialogs etc., but actually:

7) the dialog "New Image File Name" opens (which is wrong of course)
8) cklicking "save" results in a short dis-/reappear of the dialog, but the
file is not saved/overwritten (I guess, because the wrong routine "New Image"
was called)

the only way to get out, is to click "cancel", then you're back in the editor
and must discard the changes to close the editor window.

Interesting:

This *only* happens, if you open a newly created image as in the steps 1- 3
above and have *not* opened another picture in between. As soon as you have
opened and closed any other picture (even without changing anything in that
other picture) you can open the picture from 3), change it, and
save/overwrite it as usual.

I also tried step 3 using png and tiff, so it doesn't depend on the file
format.

Do you already know this bug? Can somebody confirm that this does not only
happen on my machine?

kind regards

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch