[Digikam-users] digikam 0.9.0-rc2 initial feedback

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Thu Dec 14 21:11:53 GMT 2006

On Monday, 11. December 2006 13:15, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> On Monday 11 December 2006 01:41, Sami Cokar wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've downloaded digikam 0.9.0-rc2 from SVN onto Kubuntu feisty.

Please try to configure --enable-final.  I plan to upload next digikam
release with --enable-final.  Gilles mentioned that it's noticeable
faster for him.   The more testing --enable-final get's the better.

> > 0) compiling/installing into home directory:  scripts did not compile
> > digikam or install exiv, digikam, digikamimageplugins.
> >
> > I changed my scripts to:
> >    make -j 4 install
> >
> > in order to be able to compile, install, and use digikam
>
> I let's Fabien give a response.
>

> > 1) Page Down goes sequentially through album images rather than performing
> > "page down" of album images, no ability to configure via shortcuts
>
> I never see a report like that. Not sure than Usability is correct for that.
> Is konqueror run like this ?

Heh, I run into the same problem this morning when showing someone some
pictures (some bugs only manifest themself, when someone is watching you ;)

That's on Kubuntu/Edgy with digikam rc2 (US keyboard)

Konqueror scrolls down one page at a time.  Interesting (never noticed yet)
is what gets selected in icon mode:  When all file name do not wrap, the
upper/left file get's selected.  When filenames wrapped to 2 or more lines
always the leftmost file with most wraps in it is selected (I tried with
konqueror /usr/bin)

Would be nice if digikam scrolls down one page at the time for 'PageDown'
and no jump to next picture.

Achim

[...]
                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com