[Digikam-users] digikam 0.9.0-rc2 initial feedback

Sami Cokar sami_cokar at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 13 03:07:17 GMT 2006

Hello,

>From: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at kdemail.net>
>To: digiKam - Digital Photo Management for the masses
><digikam-users at kde.org>
>Subject: Re: [Digikam-users] digikam 0.9.0-rc2 initial feedback
>Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:15:11 +0100
>
>On Monday 11 December 2006 01:41, Sami Cokar wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've downloaded digikam 0.9.0-rc2 from SVN onto Kubuntu feisty.
[...]

> > 1) Page Down goes sequentially through album images rather than
>performing
> > "page down" of album images, no ability to configure via shortcuts
>
>I never see a report like that. Not sure than Usability is correct for
>that.
>Is konqueror run like this ?

To me, a "Page Up" or "Page Down" means navigate one PAGE of "information".

In Konqueror (kubuntu feisty, kde 3.5.5),  looking at thumbnails of images,
"Arrow" cursor keys navigate one image/item left, right, up, or down,
depending on key pressed.

"Page Up" and "Page Down" navigate "approximately" one page of information
up or down and "selecting" or "highlighting" the item in the extreme left
column.

using the "US" keyboard, perhaps different language/locales behave
different.

No worries, Just feedback to keep the usability people busy and happy :)

[...]
>Exiv2 library warning message. Just ignore...
[...]
>Exiv2 library warning message. Just ignore...

OK, ignored.
[...]
>Please, before to post a report here, check KDE bugzilla. There are a lots
>of
>reports where you can vote for future developmement.
>
>Thanks in advance

Yes, I just spent 2 hours looking at BKO.   brain hurts :(

Thank you.

Enter the "Telus Mobility Xbox a Day" contest for your chance to WIN!  Telus
Mobility is giving away an Microsoft Xbox® 360 every day from November 20 to
December 31, 2006! Just download Windows Live (MSN) Messenger to your
IM-capable TELUS mobile phone, and you could be a winner!
http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/