[Digikam-users] Fwd: Re: Exiv2 library missing???

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Thu Dec 7 13:50:36 GMT 2006

Alle 13:22, giovedì 7 dicembre 2006, hai scritto:
> Angelo,
>
> And another Exiv2 thread from digikam-users at kde.org ML...
>
> Gilles

> Subject: Re: [Digikam-users] Exiv2 library missing???
> Date: Thursday 07 December 2006 13:26
> From: Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net>
> To: digiKam - Digital Photo Management for the masses <digikam-users at kde.org>
>
> On Thursday, December 7, 2006 12:54:47 PM Fabien wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> > >
> > > yes, of course

> > > I want only a simple test if my analyse fits on your system - and this
> > > seems to be true.
> > >
> > > You have to options:
> > > 1) Try to convince the kipi-devels that the current kipi configure-checks
> > > is bad style
To convince us, they should propose something better and they should
argue why it's bad style, or am I wrong?

> > I'm not sure they are wrong :) Maybe KDE_PKG_CHECK_MODULES could be
> > replaced by PKG_CHECK_MODULES in graphics/digikam/configure.in.in
> > <http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/configure.in.in?rev
> >=609246&view=markup>
>
> I dont understand why digikam uses pgk-config at all when it first check for
> exiv2-config. So digikam could simply use exiv2-config --version for the
> version check.
Well which is the difference, since we use it for libkipi (even if it's KDE_PKG_CHECK_MODULES)
and for libgpod? I believe a common way it's easier to maintain. Just decide which, and I believe
once it's ok for the most, no one complains.

Angelo