[Digikam-users] Exiv2 library missing???

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Wed Dec 6 17:12:36 GMT 2006

Am Mittwoch 06 Dezember 2006 16:41 schrieb Fabien:

> So, pkg-config scan first /opt/kde3/lib/pkgconfig *before* the directory
> we set with PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
> But, when you run it manually, it looks for it ($PKG_CONFIG_PATH) first.
> Something weird here.
>
> We can see that it tries to scan twice the directory
> /home/digi/digikamSVN/lib/pkgconfig
>
> Any idea in this room ?

From pkg-config manual:

"The package name specified on the pkg-config command line is defined to be
the name of the metadata file, minus the .pc extension. If a  library  can
install  multiple  versions simultaneously, it must give each version its own
name"

but also:

"PKG_CONFIG_PATH
A colon-separated (on Windows, semicolon-separated) list of directories to
search for  .pc  files.   The  default  directory  will  always  be
searched  after  searching the path; the default is
libdir/pkgconfig:datadir/pkgconfig where libdir is the libdir where pkg-config
and datadir is the datadir where pkg-config was installed.

Cause we got this in the output:
"Adding virtual 'pkg-config' package to list of known packages
Scanning directory '/opt/kde3/lib/pkgconfig'"

there must be somewhere a redefinition of PKG_CONFIG_PATH

If you test something like
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/test pkg-config --list-all --debug
you get
"Adding virtual 'pkg-config' package to list of known packages
Scanning directory '/test'"
like Fabian has already said.

I do not understand these lines:
checking for exiv2-config... /home/digi/digikamSVN/bin/exiv2-config
checking for exiv2 >= 0.12... Fab100 >>>Requested 'exiv2 >= 0.12' but version
of exiv2 is 0.11

What is the content of  /home/digi/digikamSVN/bin/exiv2-config?

Bye

  Thorsten