[Digikam-users] Exiv2 library missing???

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Wed Dec 6 09:38:17 GMT 2006

So I've got some good and some bad news:

the good news:

I've uninstalled exiv2 0.11 from /opt/kde3, then again deleted everything in home/digi/... and let the scripts run again - now the compile works fine.

the bad news:

now of course ufraw doesn't work anymore, because it needs exiv2 in /opt/kde3. It's a program I use very often. So I reinstalled exiv2 0.11 in /opt/kde3 again...

Digikam svn still starts (I havn't made further tests yet). But (I guess) with the next compile after svn up of digikam the same problems will occour again.

the question:

How can we make it possible that there are two exiv2 installed at the same time without disturbing each other?

I thought of installing stable exiv2 0.12 in /opt/kde3 and recompile ufraw if necessary, but then for what reason have the exiv2 svn version in the home-directory if it uses the one in /opt/kde3 anyway?

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch