[Digikam-users] Digikam withoout KDE - questions

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Dec 6 07:55:49 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 22:03, Caulier Gilles(UNTRUSTED, sender is
<digikam-users-bounces-+caulier.gilles=kdemail.net at kde.org>) wrote:
> Le mardi 5 décembre 2006 21:47, cl at isbd.net a écrit :
> > >
> > > This option have been removed for context menu to reduce entries. This
> > > is a query ask by digiKam users.
> > >
> > > The option is always avaialble on "Image" menu of Album GUI.
> >
> > That makes rotating images very clumsy though, one wants to rotate the
> > thumbnail while looking at that view.

My apologies. I'm talking about all "Batch" kipi-plugins menu entries witch
have been really removed from the context menu... excepted the Rotate of
course (:=))). Look here :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/digikam0.9.0-rc2.png

... This is very confusing for me, because JPEGLossLess is also a batch
tool... To be honest, i just need a big coffee or long hollidays to sleep
(:=)))

> This is the experience of digiKam users, reported like a wishes on bugzilla
> with a popular vote... digiKam try to respect the users choises when if
> possible, especially about usability. Provide a clean interface is a
> priority. We _won't_ reproduce the "usine à gaz" gimp interface here.

This is always true. We need to take a care to not put all batch options in
this menu.

Gilles