[Digikam-users] Digikam withoout KDE - questions

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Tue Dec 5 20:47:54 GMT 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 09:23:01PM +0100, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le mardi 5 décembre 2006 21:20, cl at isbd.net a écrit :
> > I have ImagePlugin_Core in Imageplugins and 16 plugins (including KIPI
> > JPEG lossless plugin) in KIPI Plugins.  However I still can't rotate
> > pictures by right clicking on them, there's no Rotate option in the
> > menu that appears.
>
> This option have been removed for context menu to reduce entries. This is a
> query ask by digiKam users.
>
> The option is always avaialble on "Image" menu of Album GUI.

That makes rotating images very clumsy though, one wants to rotate the
thumbnail while looking at that view.  Also I can't find a Rotate in
the Image menu, what's there is the "Correct Exif Orientation Tag",
the Rotate is only in the Transform menu of the Image Editor.

So, to rotate an image one has to open it up in the Image Editor and
then rotate it there.  The documentation says there's an easier way by
right clicking on the thumbnail, are you really saying this has been
removed?

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)