[Digikam-users] color profile input: a question

F.J.Cruz fj.cruz at supercable.es
Thu Aug 31 21:44:12 BST 2006

El Jueves, 31 de Agosto de 2006 22:10, Mathusael escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I have started playing with the color management model of Digikam 0.9.
> As I have recently switch to raw data picture, I'm also quite pleased
> with the tons of new features for that too... so a great thanks to the
> Digikam team!
>
> I think that I get almost all my answers in previous post, but "color
> profile input" are still puzzling me... I am using a Minolta 7D for my
> shooting and I ask the camera to work/tag in AdobeRGB mode. However
> their is no way I can convince Digikam to use AdobeRGB as an input mode
> in the Digikam "Configuration/Configure/ColorManagement" menu. It seems
> to wait for a camera specific icm profile.

You can't select AdobeRGB profile as input color profile because it isn't an
input device class profile: it's a display device class one.

> So what I do is I open the raw file, wait for the color management box
> to appear, manually select the input to be AdobeRGB... and that's all...
> however, I'm not sure I have the good workflow here ;-)
>
> Besides, when I select sRGB input profile, the result is plain ugly:
> gamma is false, color awful...

Have you tray to find an input color profile for your camera model?, you could
find it in software for windows whichs is packaged with the camera itself or
from Bibble Pro, you can download a trial version of this app and play with
the icc profiles it install.

Paco Cruz.