[Digikam-users] color profile input: a question

Mathusael n.vilars at free.fr
Thu Aug 31 21:10:17 BST 2006

Hi all,

I have started playing with the color management model of Digikam 0.9.
As I have recently switch to raw data picture, I'm also quite pleased
with the tons of new features for that too... so a great thanks to the
Digikam team!

I think that I get almost all my answers in previous post, but "color
profile input" are still puzzling me... I am using a Minolta 7D for my
shooting and I ask the camera to work/tag in AdobeRGB mode. However
their is no way I can convince Digikam to use AdobeRGB as an input mode
in the Digikam "Configuration/Configure/ColorManagement" menu. It seems
to wait for a camera specific icm profile.

So what I do is I open the raw file, wait for the color management box
to appear, manually select the input to be AdobeRGB... and that's all...
however, I'm not sure I have the good workflow here ;-)

Besides, when I select sRGB input profile, the result is plain ugly:
gamma is false, color awful...

Besides I've read from Gilles Caullier in earlier post that you were
using Minolta 5D profile(??). Is this something you build specifically
(shooting a patch of colors and such?)? Something you downloaded from
Minolta? (Where?)

Any tips for me?