[Digikam-users] Problems compiling digikam 0.9 from SVN

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Aug 30 19:29:45 BST 2006

Le Mercredi 30 Août 2006 19:24, efpost a écrit :
> Gilles Caulier schrieb:
> >>Well, that didn't help. I have compiled and installed exiv2 from SVN.
> >>Then I started digikam
> >
> >Oups, i have forget to said than before to install Exiv2 from svn, you
> > need to uninstall Exiv2 0.10.0, else nothing will change in digiKam.
> >
> >After that, install Exiv2-svn, perform a "make distcleanup" in root
> > digiKam source forder and rebuild all using make -f Makefile.cvs;
> > ./configure ---enable-debug=full; make...
> >
> >Gilles
>
> I had Exiv2 uninstalled already before installing the svn-version.
>
> Doing "make distcleanup" in console gives:
>
> make: *** Keine Regel, um >distcleanup> zu erstellen. Schluss.
> (Translation: No rule to generate/make distcleanup. End.)
>
> I think, I will deinstall everything und start from scratch with svn.
>
> Udo

Udo,

If the bug do not disapear, please give me a sample picture from your camera.
In fact the crash is relevant of comments extraction at digiKam startup.

Comments are embeded to JPEG pictures by camera like exif comments, Makernote
comments, IPTC caption, or JFIF comments. digiKam try to extract this string
and put it to database to improve speedup searching from gui.

The comments are encoding from camera is the hell, especially with JFIF
comments section from JPEG. Nothing is very clear about the language encoding
(if all use UTF8, all will be simple (:=))))

In the past, before 0.9.0-beta1, we have already found some picture witch
crash digiKam exactly like you have on your computer (Nikon and Minolta if i
remember).

In digiKam, the part witch try to find the right encoding format can be
uncomplete and can crash...

Try to find the picture releavant of your problem and send me it by private
mail (not ML).

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Gilles