[Digikam-users] digikam 0.9 keeps crashing

efpost efpost at web.de
Mon Aug 28 21:10:37 BST 2006

efpost wrote:

>/ I can't give any specific error messages, because the crash just evokes
/>/ the KDE-Crashmanager with Signal 11 (SIGSEGV). Back trace is not possible.
/
Duncan Hill wrote:

> For the compiled version, use this:
> ./configure  --enable-debug=full
> Then invoke digikam from the command line.  a) you'll get console
> output, and b) you'll get a full core in the kde crash handler.

-----------

Thanks for the info. I recompiled as you said, but the kde crash handler
still gives no backtrace. "Backtracing not possible. Debugger "gdb"
cannot be found" (<< literally translated from German).

But I've got console output as follows

digikam: ScanLib: Finding non-existing albums:  6ms
digikam: ScanLib: Finding items not in the database or disk: 310 ms
digikam: ScanLib: Updating items without date:  0 ms
digikam: Cannot parse EXIF metadata using Exiv2
digikam: digikampp: .
..
..

digikam: Dirty: /
digikam: Dirty: /

The above output is from one of the no crashing examples ( 2b in my
first post).

Greetings
Udo