[Digikam-users] Digikam started crashing

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Fri Aug 25 18:05:38 BST 2006

Hi,

On Thursday 24 August 2006 09:43, Riaz Rahaman wrote:

> After the reboot, every time I open digikam, it crashes. I
> checked the backtrace and couldnt find much info from it.  I
> checked the klog and it showed a broken pipe.

Well, the backtrace doesn't tell that much.  But maybe some of your
images got corrupted due to the power failure?

To make sure, digikam itself is working:  Can you try to cleanup
your configuration?  Move $HOME/.kde/share/config/digikamrc to some
other place, maybe $HOME/.kde/share/apps/digikam, too.  Than start
digikam.  It will think, that you start it the first time, and ask
for you image archive.  Enter a clean directory and add some
images.  If this is working well, either copy the rest of your
images into this new archive, or change the archive setting to the
old one.

Good luck,

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373