[Digikam-users] Slides about digiKam

Dudas Gabor dudasg at freemail.hu
Mon Apr 17 17:19:32 BST 2006

Caulier Gilles írta:
> Le Lundi 17 Avril 2006 09:53 AM, Dudas Gabor a écrit :
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Handling of 16 bit images through plugins is possible. However I cannot
>> open 16-bit TIFF files (I get a big black picture). But I think this
>> would be very useful, since it is very good to use digikam for post
>> processing after converting a RAW to a 16 bit TIFF (yes, to be honest I
>> am using an external RAW converter).
>> The RAW converter can also save to 8 bit TIFF (and this can be opened by
>> digikam), but of course this contains much less information, and its not
>> really usable for a quality post-processing.
>>
>> Any plan to support 16bit TFF files?
>>

> It's abnormal. Please give me a link to a file to download from the web
>
> Gilles

No problem!
Please find it here:
http://amigos.amiga.hu/dudeeg/digikam_tiff/IMG_4224-01.tif

Naturally, this is a resized output from the RAW converter (the full
size would be 44 Mb), but resizing was done inside the RAW converter
(RawShooter).
I am using 0.9-svn.
Let me know if you have the same problem!

Thanks,
Regards,
Gabor